Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Its Official

As I have long suspected, I have been married for all these years to Mother Theresa, (only hotter). This was confirmed to me in no uncertain terms today. My dear wife has been in miserable pain for three weeks, taking Vicoden, Tylenol and a variety of other meds for a severe pain in her left leg. It was finally diagnosed today as a herniated disk which is pressing on a nerve. Her doctor now has her on oxycontin pending an injection of steroids.

In spite of all this, I came into the kitchen today to find her making a big pot of soup on the stove; and she asked me to take it to a family down the street where both parents and all their children have the flu. How do I deserve this woman? Move over Mother Teresa.

Thanks for listening. I'm sure she'll feel better soon.

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Barbara, you are awesome!!! I hope you get feeling better soon.. I remember that back pain all to well from when I herniated a disk and broke a few vertebrae...ouch!! I was in so much pain, and the docs did not give me any pain meds until after I had back surgery. Get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Barbara you are awesome!!! Hopefully you will get feeling better soon. I remember that back pain all to well when I fractured a few vertebrae and herniated a disk too. The doc down here did not give me any pain meds until after I had surgery. I am glad that those days are behind me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all know she is a saint. We all marvel at what she can accomplish. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete